For months, this website has been left unupdated, and it has been on a stage of dormancy recently, mainly because of the development of my new maps and a long vacation back from before, but finally, a new upgrade for The Modding Hub is here!
Significant improvements in design were the new banner image, the new sidebar background and the new blog post background. The change in design is important, the previous form of the website looked almost bland. The admin profile widget has been moved to the bottom of the blog posts. The new banner image is probably the most important among all the design changes. There are new sidebar widgets added and some widgets have new styles to redefine their looks.
Alongside the new design comes my newest map, Tropical Assault. It is a revolutionized footman wars map that seeks to form a new standard for the genre. Read the post for more info about this new map.
Some contents in various posts have also changed and I removed the Navigation Bar. Instead, I have changed the nav bar to a custom list menu divided into two portions, the Main Menu (the site's main sections) and the Other Stuff (miscellaneous things that are really important).
However, these things are just the tip of an iceberg. A dozen of changes, big or small will be made in a weekly basis. I planned for a World Editor F.A.Q. to be put in this site soon and a few widgets.
For now, don't hesitate to explore more of the website's features and content. If you like the new changes, send a comment to the blog. I'm interested in further improving the site with your great ideas!
Good luck, and always have fun!
I'm jonadrian619 from Philippines. As a Warcraft III map-maker for over 4 years now, I have created a variety of maps, and faced the challenges and trials I have gone through just to release them to the known public. When any of my important projects are completed, they are also destined to be placed in this little consortium. As I make more discoveries and gain more knowledge in modding, there will be guides for modding that I will post in the future. For the pinoys, DotA is really not the best medicine nor the best source of entertainment, it is not the only Warcraft III map which is good for you, that's why na parang nakakasuya na ano? Ibahin n'yo naman. Try out other maps as well, including mine too! Over time, I'll also add new features and new content to further increase the overall look and function of the site. I hope you'll enjoy wandering around the site today. Until then, good luck and have fun!
For months, this website has been left unupdated, and it has been on a stage of dormancy recently, mainly because of the development of my new maps and a long vacation back from before, but finally, a new upgrade for The Modding Hub is here!
This is a unique Footman Wars map that seeks to set a new standard for the genre itself. Complete with Race selections, Unit Class selections and a variety of upgrades and Heroes for each Race, Tropical Assault isn't just any other Footies map. Conduct epic battles or short confrontations, level up your Heroes and elites, and put your mircromanagement skills to the ultimate test.
I have made an effort to create a unique Footies map that isn't just limited to what it is right now. I may not have enough time right now and I'm too preoccupied to make major improvements for the map. Right now, I'm developing a CTF map, but I will release versions (with minor alterations) on a weekly basis. Right now, I'm experimenting on some 'expansions' for the map, made plans and the like, and it turned out well. This kinda solves the problem caused by the very small playing space in most footies maps, which makes 'em a bit boring. Yes in future versions, there will be more races and, the map will become wider and more spacious.
Tropical Assault Walkthrough:
At the start of the game, a selection dialog will appear. Pick one Race from the selection, then select a Unit Class from another selection dialog. Each Race is unique and contains 3 Heroes to choose from. Your overall forces will be determined by the Race you've chosen, so pick one carefully. The objective is to destroy the opponent's Town Hall, and do the same until all of enemies are wiped out. However, this is not the only thing you're going to do.
- Races - There are several unique Races to choose from (e.g. Human, Undead, Blood Elf). Each Race has its own set of 3 Heroes and a variety of Upgrades to be researched. But you still need to select a Unit Class for that Race.
- Unit Class - The Unit Class is the type of units that will determine what units will be spawned from your base. There are three Unit Classes; Melee, Ranged and Magic. Melee units tend to use hand-to-hand combat as a weapon against enemies. Ranged units have somewhat effective ranged attacks which keeps them out of harm's way in the heat of battle. Magic units are simply known as spellcasters. They have two spells that they can use and each Race's Magic-class units have different and unique spells. Each Unit Class has its own strengths and weaknesses when it comes to their attributes, so keep this in mind.
- Upgrades - You can dramatically improve the strength and effectiveness of your forces by researching upgrades from your Town Hall. There are also special upgrades called Training. These upgrades allow your units to acquire their offensive, defensive and magic (Magic-class) abilities through training. There are also upgrades for your Towers. Those upgrades are located in the towers themselves, not in the Town Hall. These upgrades improve the tower's effectiveness against incoming intruders who try to attack your town hall.
- Siege Units - Each Race has its own Siege Unit. These are vehicles that you can build from your Town Hall. Siege Units have very long ranged attacks and can deal a considerable amount of damage, and more of the damage against buildings, you can only handle a few at a time, though.
- Rally Points - You can set the Rally Point of your Town Hall to any place you want. Not only that, units that are spawned from your Town Hall will automatically proceed to the set Rally Point, which makes it very useful.
- Strategies - Your Hero has the ability to use Strategies. These are commands given to all of your units except your Hero of course. Strategies order your units to mass-attack at the center or to one team's base.
- Bonus Gold - When a Hero kills an enemy unit, there will be a chance to give out additional gold. Killing enemy Heroes gives out even more bonus gold. This gold is based on the slain Hero's level
- Powerups - When a Hero kills any enemy unit, a random powerup will drop. These powerups can be either usable Runes or Tomes which increase a Hero's attributes.
- Items - With the introduction of v1.5a, there is now a new Item Plaform for each team, adjacent to that team's base. In this area, there are various merchants and item shops which sell different kinds of useful items, armament and potions, sold at reasonable prices.
- Game Commands/Game Modes - There are various game commands (e.g. -ms, -uc (unit count), -rt) available in the game. There's one game mode available, Magic Mayhem (-mm). When enabled, this disables spell cooldown and mana costs of spells for all units.
- Boss Creeps - With the introduction of v1.5a, the Hall of Tropics no longer contains powerful items. Instead, it sells out hireable Boss Creeps. These are very powerful creeps that are much like bosses, sold with a high price tag.
- AI - Tropical Assault also has AI for CPU players. The AI is really simple, so they can only select their own Race, Unit Class and Heroes, learn skills for their Heroes, and periodically mass-attack their units to the center of the map.
*Tropical Assault's Partial Expansion Version (Version B)...
- Removed Lumber Costs from all Boss Creeps in the Hall of Tropics.
- Fixed a variety of bugs in Green Dragonlord Arena.
- Balanced the increment and base amount of the attributes of certain Heroes.
- Fixed a bug that allows players to use Books of Town Portal when participating in Special Events.
- Fixed a bug which made players enter in another Special Event though they are currently participating in another Special Event.
- Fixed a bug which made the Heart of Dagohoy item limitless (even when it is a charged item).
*Tropical Assault's Partial Expansion Version...
- A new Item Platform is now available for each team provided that it will greatly augment the power and effectiveness of their Heroes.
- With the introduction of the Item Platform, the Hall of Tropics can only contain very powerful Hireable Boss Creeps.
- A variety of Heroes and their abilities are now balanced. This includes the abilities of each unit-class.
- Fixed the stun duration bug behind the Power Strike and the Body Point Attack abilities so that now Heroes get a mini-stun (0.01) and normal units get a 1/4 second stun duration.
- Fixed a hotkey conflict between the Flame Blast and Lightning Fury abilities.
- Balanced the first skills of all Magic-class units.
- Three new Special Events which allow players to participate in 1v1 arena battles/PvP (player vs. player) duels to test their strength, and if they win, claim great rewards.
- A new monetary system, Special Event Points, is now available restricted for Special Events and PvP duels.
- Added a hotkey for the Strategies menu and assigned one hotkey for each strategy.
- Fixed Ghoul's lack of armor. Now set to 5.
- Rebalanced the three unit classes and made changes to their damage, movement/attack speed, and their armor types.
- Ranged-class units now have 700 range.
- Fixed a problem in the Shadow Clone's hotkeys and now it can function properly.
- Blood Elf Summoner's Hit Points, Strength/Intelligence per level and Damage have increased.
- The following hero skills and abilities have been beefed up a little and made even better: Siphon Spirit, Holy Light, Devotion Aura, Wind Walk, Bladestorm, Blizzard, Brilliance Aura, Carrion Swarm, Vampiric Aura, Tranquility, Trueshot Aura, Mana Burn, Frost Nova, Dark Ritual, Lightning Fury and Chain Lightning.
- Illusions in Shadow Clone now receive less damage from attackers.
- Shadow Clone now only works on organic units.
- Magic-class units' armor has increased by 1.
*This is yet the most playable version of the 'current' map since many balance changes and improvements have been made. More will come at v1.5 and the quest for a revolution in Footman Wars continues!
- Added the all new Blood Elf race.
- There is now a new Loading Screen for the map which looks better and more pinoy-style!
- Balanced and finally fixed the HP and regen rates of the Undeas units to the map's standards.
- Each race has now its own Siege Unit available. These siege machines are capable of long-ranged assaults and are effective against buildings, though only 3 can be controlled at a time.
- Some items like Potions of Mana, Health, Vampiric Potions and Books of Town Portal have increased replenishment time and have more charges. The prices for Staff of Sanctuary & Book of Town Portal have increased as well.
- The chance of dropping powerups has been reduced from 12 to 8.
- Fixed the Bonus Gold system so that it can no longer give out additional gold when destroying illusion-type units.
- Fixed a bug where bonus gold is given when killing friendly units, and now it doesn't.
- Killing illusions will no longer add to your kills in the Multiboard.
- There will no longer be any powerups dropped when killing illusions.
- Implemented a new Experience Bar.
- Added a HP and Mana regeneration aura to Town Halls.
- Balanced the Night Elf Archer and the Undead Infernal to the map's standards. Infernal has now 1000 HP.
- Balanced the Night Elf Huntress' hit points.
- Many more balance changes to the units and especially to the abilities.
- Fixed a bug where powerups can be dropped when killing allied units.
- Fixed a tower bug in which the towers gain no damage and less armor when Tower Upgrade has been researched. Now I set the proper upgrade amounts for 'em.
- Added a new Tree Revival System.
- Added a new Hero Kills system that swaps an amount of gold between players when a hero is killed.
- Added a new Game Clock in the multiboard.
- Added the -ms command.
- Bounty is now given when destroying Towers and Town Halls. 100 gold is given for destroying towers and 250 gold is given for destroying Town Halls.
- Fixed Magic Mayhem mode so that now it can 'always' remove cooldown and keep the mana to the max.
- Fixed a multiboard bug in which all players will be grayed out when one player is defeated.
- Night Elves now have a defensive ability Thorns.
- Added 10 powerups/poitons that can be dropped in the item pool of the Powerup System, now with a total of 15 powerups.
- The Powerup System no longer applies for summoned units.
- The Powerup System now drops items for a 12% chance instead of a 10% chance before.
- Added the Injury System which is created by Hero12341234.
- Added the -rt, -zoom and -uc commands. -rt removes all text from the screen. -zoom adjusts a camera's distance. The distance of the default Warcraft III view is 1650. Higher than that, it will go higher. Lower than that, the camera gets closer to the ground, but it should not exceed 700. -uc counts all of your living units, summoned units, wards and heroes.
- Added a new game mode or simply a special game command, Magic Mayhem (-mm). When enabled, this will disable cooldown and mana cost for all spells, and it is obvious that the magic-class units will have a better advantage, but this is only for fun and shouldn't be used in regular games or official tournaments. However, you cannot enable this mode after 80 seconds in the game time has elapsed.
- The gold cost of Orb of Fire is now 2500.
- Made an adjustment to the gold costs and bonuses of some items.
- The Undead's Blight defensive ability now gives 2 HP regeneration per second instead of 60% regen rate.
- The Necromancer's Raise Dead can now summon 4 skeletons per corpse and they can last up to 45 seconds, but it now has a 25 second cooldown and 180 mana cost.
- The Human Sorceress' Solar Beam ability now has a longer distance, but it now has 185 mana cost.
- The Orc Shaman's Forked Lightning ability now has 180 damage per target.
- Units of all computer players in a team are now given control to the human players in that team.
- A dozen minor bugs and flaws have been fixed as well.
- Fixed the Undead defensive ability, Blight, so that it could really give out 60% regeneration instead of .60 HP per second.
- The Defensive Ability Training's tooltip is now fixed. It will say that it will apply for all classes. It can now be researched w/ no requirements, but the gold cost has been increased a bit.
- The Bonus Gold system doesn't work for Summoned units anymore.
- Fixed a bug in the Bonus Gold system, the amount of gold given when a hero is killed is dependent on it's unit level, not the Hero Level, so I made it to be linked to the Hero Level of the slain hero.
- For AI's, Heroes now take more time to revive when they have a higher level. Each level is a second longer.
*There are not much changes in this version, most of the time just small changes. I'll add more races in the future, as well as new features to make the map more interesting to play.
- Fixed a bug where units have food costs and therefore some texts appears above your screen.
- Fixed a nasty bug where units are still spawning even when the said player is defeated.
- First Release
I may have created the map from scratch, but I used a variety of external resources for this map. Thanks to all the people who created those resources!
- Crazyrussian - Command Buttons
- General Frank - Blood Elf Mage Model
- Mc! - Blood Elf Demon Hunter Model
- Elenai - Blood Elf Shieldsman Model
- Hero12341234 - Injury System
If you want to view a more detailed thread of Tropical Assault, please click here.
Good Luck and Have Fun!!
As you can see Project 08-08-08 didn't receive any necessary updates. Well, here are the updates:
I found out that The Best Catch takes too long to actually release the map and finish it's major components such as triggers, terrain and it's main features before August 8. So I have decided that I swap TBC with two fast-paced maps, Insurrection and Wolfgang CTF. But don't worry, TBC will start development after Project 08-08-08.
Insurrection is a map which I have created for The Hive Workshop's Paired Mapping Contest #1 with Diablo-dk as my parter but I haven't succeeded in submitting my entry. Fortunately I have attached this map in THW's pastebin a long time ago so that in case my laptop goes haywire I could claim the map again. The only thing I need to do for Insurrection is to balance attributes and add some heroes for the remaining 3 races.
Wolfgang CTF is a team-based Capture the Flag (CTF) map with unique features not found in any other CTF. The title may be related to Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, the Philippine metal band Wolfgang or the chef Wolfgang Puck, but in fact I combined Wolf and gang which simply means a mob of wolves.
Thanks, and good luck!
Well I've not completely started development of my latest map yet, but I have proposed to create a blog which contains all of my poems and writings, still using Blogger because it's quite versatile. I've been writing a few poems these days and I'm glad that I could show it all to you guys in the next blog.
Then I saw an awesome website named Manga University. It's a website where you learn how to draw anime/manga from the ground up, and supports online enrollment for manga lessons and art supplies (though I'll not do that, I'm looking forward to read the online tutorials there for free). They also have the How to draw Manga series of books from which you can learn how to draw anime even better, I hope I could read it someday. I always practice drawing manga/anime everyday between 10:00 and 12:00 at the night, the time where I fix my stuff for tomorrow's schooling. I'm good (not that good, but I draw often) at drawing but I like manga/anime better since I like it and love it, it suits my personality. Then my drumming, and more.
Besides that, I'll start planning on the development of my map, because August 8 is two months away! I'll be developing a batch of maps before 2009 begins and it will be the biggest map-making endeavour I've ever made.
For TSoT (The Sands of Time), I've got 2 modelers but I asked them to take a break first and do modelling next year.
Release Date: May 5, 2008
Total No. of Versions: 1
Available Versions: v1.0
While I'm planning for my next major project, The Best Catch, I got a little bored and decided to create a fast-paced map named Scourge and Wars, a map involving a battle between two undead forces. I created this map within an approximate total of 8 hours.
Use your undead army to crush the forces of your opponents. Destroy the opponent's Crypts to win.
Units are automatically trained even after researching an upgrade, but you can't stop training the units in your Crypt.
You can choose any undead hero in an Altar of Darkness, but you may only have one hero and only the hero you have first chosen.
Inspired by Anitarf's Old School Alliance Tactics (though I made this from scratch, credit goes to anitarf for the Build Queue Cleanup trigger).
If you find any bugs then please tell me and I'll fix it on the double. The map's 4-player gameplay stays the same due to it's size.
Map is open source to make it 'educational', you can be able to use the triggers.
As you can see, there are new buttons in the navigation bar. I've designed them yesterday and I did this to make my website more interesting and possibly to gain site traffic.
I've made more than a dozen improvements for this blog, and I'm looking forward to convert this blog into a full-scale website/modsite at the end of the year before the Modding Hub's 1st anniversary.
I'm working on a new banner image for The Modding Hub, this time more interesting and attractive for modders and gamers alike.
Coming Soon: New Banner Image!
Welcome to the News Archive for The Modding Hub! All news items will be archived here and will be arranged by the date it was posted in descending order.
- The Modding Hub in New Design - August 18, 2008
- Project 08-08-08 Swap - June 15, 2008
- Some personals, and updates - June 10, 2008
- New Navigation Bar Buttons - June 2, 2008
- New Background Image - May 31, 2008
- Summer Modding Hub Improvements - May 27, 2008
- New Demo Maps Section and other features... - April 11, 2008
- Development for 'Demolition X' Starts - March 8, 2008
This summer in the Philippines, the Modding Hub had various improvements that I've implemented to make it better, flexible and versatile. Here are some of the significant improvements made for this site:
- The Modding Hub is now a candidate for the Warcraft III Top 200 Websites (at Gamesites 200) and E-items Topsites.
- The Modshack is a minicity I've created in myminicity.com and is now linked here. It's only just a click away to increase population!
- Site Affiliation is now supported by the Modding Hub.
- A Site Map has been added to help out new visitors of this site.
- A 3rd column has been added for versatility and more content.
- The Navigation Bar has been improved.
- A new Chat Box from Cbox is now available for use!
- The Modding Hub's new affiliate, Rodead.com!
- A News Archive is now available just in case you want to view the old issues.
- An improved search form for The Modding Hub, now uses Blogger search box!
- And many more minor alterations.....
More significant improvements and perks for this site will be made in the future. Thanks everyone!
If you're having any trouble navigating the site or need to download resources or know the places of great interest here, this is a list of the important sections in the Modding Hub which will help you to navigate through the site:
My Maps and Projects
This is the main section where you find the projects I have created. It can be any map or project, be it a Warcraft III map, Dune 2 map, a mod project, or anything that I have made that has been exhibited in this section.
It contains an ethical guideline related to modding. It's not really a step-by-step tutorial but one that will help you out and keep track of what modding is all about. Here you will be introduced to any kind of modding for a variety of games.
An annual event, a date where the Beijing Olympics begins, and a Warcraft III map-making project where I will create a batch of four maps. The project will end after the olympics anyway.
This is a useful section which contains Warcraft III mapfiles which demonstrates the capabilities of the Warcraft III World Editor. Demo maps for games other than Warcraft III will also be put in this section if I manage to make one for a different game.
This is basically an archive of Polls that were created in the Modding Hub, or in other websites, in which those polls are linked to this site. The current Poll is at the left sidebar just at the bottom of the Main Menu. There are times that there will be multiple polls at a time to survey visitors, and unfortunately, Blogger only allows one poll at a time. These are offsite polls that are linked to the Modding Hub.
A Philippines minicity (in myminicity.com) for the Modding Hub.
- Increase Population
- Increase Industry
- Increase Security (Not Enough Population)
- Improve Transportation Network (Not Enough Population)
- Improve Environment (Not Enough Population)
- Improve Business (Not Enough Population)
The Sands of Time (TSoT)
A Total Conversion which involves the creation of a 3D Dune 2 game using the Wc3 engine.
This is the official news archive for The Modding Hub. All news items and posts will be listed here in chronological order in case you haven't read the old posts yet.
Want to affiliate your site/blog to my Modding Hub?
It comes in two methods, you can send me an e-mail email@example.com or you can post it here as a comment. I will need the URL of your site affiliation button and URL of the site ofcourse.
Here is the button of my site:
And the URL of this site is http://jamodhub.blogspot.com/.
I have created the art for my button.
Anyone can affiliate their sites for as long as it is a modsite or a website which has an emphasis on general modding in various games like Warcraft III or Command and Conquer games. Also make sure the site has no illegal or objectionable content or adult content if necessary. Torrents, warez, hacks, cracks, pornography, software piracy and other illegal content in your website are strictly prohibited and will not be affiliated with The Modding Hub.
Thanks, good luck!
I've decided to make a better post for Project Revolution than of the last post for that mod. That mod is so cool, and it's quite successful as well, that's why I love the mod, and Starcraft is better in 3D like Starcraft II.
Project Revolution is a Warcraft 3 Total Conversion mod where Starcraft: Brood War will be converted into full 3D. The mod will stay true to the original Starcraft: Brood War and no additional things, simply the stuff in the SC: Brood War game. The group which developed this mod is Snowflake Entertainment.
Although it is not released yet, the first demo for this mod was released last year in December 2007. The battle between the Terrans in the demo map was great and it looked better in 3D.
For now, the Terrans can be playable in the mod's current state. They say that the Protoss and Zerg races will be coming out soon but I have also seen some screenshots of some Zerg units in the links above, better check it out!
Here are some screenshots of the mod I found (courtesy of ModDB):
Dune: Arrakian Wars is a Command & Conquer Tiberium Wars based mod where the game Emperor: Battle for Dune is brought back with even greater detail and a high-end look. The members of Thundermods.net developed this amazing modification for CnC Tiberium Wars.
3D Render of Refinery
Here is a brand new FPS (First Person Shooter) mod I saw that's coming into fruitition, but they are not finished yet, so the team who made Battle For Dune showed up some awesome pictures and a video. The creators were Final Warriors Productions, also makers of the Homeworld2 mod.
- Year-End: Which map genre do you like/play?
- Human - 8 votes(42%)
- Orc - 6 votes(31%)
- Undead - 6 votes(31%)
- Night Elf - 9 votes(47%)
- # of visitors who voted - 19 voters
The Modding Hub has alway a Poll or two to survey visitors. The polls appear at the left sidebar, beneath the Chat Box. The polls contain choices that are related to gaming, modding and everything else.
Regular Polls are as what the name says. Major/Official Polls are special polls that are involved in major projects, or are just, well, official. A Year-End Poll is another type of poll which is basically the same as the regular poll, though it will last until the current year's end always in December 31st (GMT+8).
- Regular Polls - White Text
- Year-End Polls - Gold w/ Bold Text
- Major/Official Polls - Red w/ Bold Text
This is a place where you can build and manage your own minicity. I discovered this one weeks ago, and each visit to a minicity will increase it's population and therefore, develop the whole city.
My minicity is The Modshack. It's also added in the Navigation links.
Come visit the modshack anytime!!
Help build the Modshack by visiting!!
Status: Currently in Development
Release Date: April 12, 2008
Total No. of Versions: 1
Available Versions: v1.0
Terrorism, Warfare, Strategy and Conquest. Take part in this battle for conquest in order to claim the prize and achieve victory.
You can get the best gaming experience in DX when you play this w/ your friends on fullhouse!!
The objective of the game is to get the Treasure Chest at the middle of the maze, then you have to return it to your base.
- Created from scratch.
- A maze inside the map, filled with creeps. Custom pathmaps that I created were used in this maze so that the doodad count will be low.
- 3 goblin sapper-type units which have individual elemental powers. Plus they are the only units who can carry the Chest and return it to base.
- 4 types of Infantry-type units are available as auxiliary units in your goal to take the Treasure Chest.
- 3 types of Vehicles are also available to build. They are only auxiliary units like the Infantry-type units, and cannot take/carry items nor the Chest, but they are exceedingly powerful. Because of their tremenduous power, too bad you may only handle a number of vehicles of the same type at a time.
- Players can adjust the zoom level of their cameras using the -zoom XX command. Minimum value is 700 and maximum value is 3000.
- Players can also switch to two camera types: Vertical Camera and Regular Camera. Vertical camera is the camera where it faces the ground directly, useful for navigation. Regular Camera is the standard Wc3 camera, and this allows you to have a better view of the eyecandy and chaos of the battles. Just type either -regcam or -vertcam.
- Custom Unit Queue and Progress Bar created by me.
- Items are also available as apparatus to augment the effectiveness/versatility of your forces.
- There are Portals around the map for easy access. Nope, they're not regular waygates, they are triggered waygates and you just have to move your units inside the Portal and they're are transpored to the opposite Portal.
- Periodic Income. Players recieve 75 gold every minute. But you have to rely on slaughter to get some quick cash in order to train/build more units.
- Detailed minimap.
- You cannot enter in the base camp of another team!! For this reason, you need to use Portals in order to enter those inaccessible areas around the map.
- This is a competitive multiplayer map and it has no AI. It's very difficult to make even simple AI for this map because of the nature of the gameplay.
- Micromanagement might be crucial to the gameplay as you've got a lot of units and vehicles at your disposal and other players might be having an assault against you while he/she attempts to take the Chest.
Single-Player Screenshots (Featured):
- First Release.
It's been a long time since I've implemented changes to the Modding Hub. I've added a new Demo Maps section which allows map-makers to try and test the demo maps provided. The demo maps are meant to demonstrate the basic and advanced aspects of map-making in the Wc3 World Editor, so they stay open source. Over time, new demos will be added.
I've also added my proverb that's always shown at the bottom of the pages.
I'm still working on the other planned sections for this website:
Tutorials Section - A section containing the modding tutorials I've written.
Terrain Gallery - A gallery where the terrain pictures that show the terrain I've created for Warcraft III are showcased.
DuneWorld - A 'special' section in the Modding Hub for my favorite RTS games, Dune, that were created by Westwood Studios and based on Frank Herbert's Dune. From information related to Dune games, to cool downloads, to Dune modding, you'll get what you need for Dune here.
jonadrian619's Demonstration Maps for Warcraft III map-making.jonadrian619's Leaderboard Demo - 27.9 KB
Here you will learn how to make a simple Leaderboard in the Warcraft III Orignal and Expansion World Editor.
jonadrian619's Creep Respawn Demo - 25.4 KB
Here you will learn how to create a Creep Respawn system in GUI. This system revives fallen creeps after a period of time.
Recently I have joined the Hero Contest #2. It's a contest where you have to create a decently balanced Hero in Warcraft III and following the theme of Ice/Frost.
Here is a link to the contest.
Gelos Frostcaller, the Ice Sorceror
April 30 2008 (may change if necessary extensions are needed)
I made a v.1.3 for Ant Attack. The map has been tested thoroughly and I found out that there were many flaws in the map's main features such as the Game Types. Actually almost all flaws came from the aspects of the 3 game types themselves.. I've been very busy with the next map for Project 08-08-08, Demolition X, and forgot to test Ant Attack.
v.1.3 is a major version for Ant Attack since v1.3's features are fully playable and bug-free.
I hope v1.3 can make Ant Attack a good map. When you click on the 'Latest Version Download' link in the Ant Attack page of the Modding Hub, it will show up the latest version, and the latest version is v1.3. Please play the latest versions for maximum gameplay experience. :)
Ant Attack is officially released, but it still needs a few bugfixes and tests. Prior to the release of Ant Attack, the second candidate for Project 08-08-08, Demolition X, will start development.
Basic Information about Demolition X:
There are 4 teams, and in each team, 3 players. Each player has 4 types of 'Terrorist' units, each carrying bombs containing different types of magic or the elements. The team must cooperate to get the Golden Chest at the center and return it to their base. But you have to get through a confusing labyrinth, and to prevent other teams from reaching the base. Terrorists are like Goblin Sappers with a difference, each Terrorist bursts with a specific element of magic. All terrorists are able to get the chest, but at most cases the terrorists die when they encounter an enemy, that's why you need to train more terrorists to get the flag and pass it on to the next terrorist willing to take the chest, and a good and cooperative friend in your team to get that chest to your base. This helps increase cooperation, team work and competition at the same time, and to me, a fun mini-game.
Project 08-08-08 Major Maps/Projects
- Ant Attack (Finished)
- Demolition X (Finished)
- Tropical Assault (Released, v1.5 currently in progress and to be released at the end of August)
- Wolfgang CTF (WIP, to be released on September)
Project 08-08-08's 'Player's Choice'
This is to determine which map is the best/most desirable of all the maps made in this project. A public poll in The Hive Workshop and The Helper Forums will be created after August 27 2008 and will close at September 30. Users can vote for a map which they like most.
The map with the most votes at 08-08-08 will be given this title.
In the old days back when I was an elementary student, 5th grade, I tried to guess real hard, how did they make Warcraft III maps? Soon after I found out the World Editor, then I started creating maps of my own. At first, I made small edits to melee maps and read online tutorials, FAQ's, guides and many more sources of knowledge about this nifty tool. I faced the trials, the hard work and enjoyed the fun of creating maps at the same time, as if the painter was illustrating his imaginations and ideas.
To me, the best thing about map-making is that, I'm a Filipino, Pinoy Ako! Well, there are only few pinoy kapamilyas who make Wc3 maps, and like our fellow South Koreans, we almost only excel at playing, trial and experimentation of games. It would be rather good to publicize these maps using a website so that my fellas will have something to play from time to time. The question is, how will I publicize these maps through designing a website?
I even made an attempt to create a website through HTML, even though my experience in HTML at that time was a little too inferior for the job. Soon after, I found out about Blogger, which hosts weblogs for online netsurfers. The reason why I like blogger is that you can make really significant alterations to your blog and even change the template of the blog. I then created the blog. The Modding Hub's origins are quite simple. But the term 'blog' puts some weight on its shoulders, so I have made a plan for this year to convert this blog into a full-scale website and a web portal at the same time. And so it began.
I gave it the name 'Modding Hub' because map-making is my specialty. I also have some experience in the modding of a few games like Dune 2000 and Starcraft mapmaking. Whatever experiences I need to share, or maps, mods and creations I need to exhibit, it's all within this single website. I have divided this website into a few significant sections in the field of modding (that includes map-making). Some sections for the exhibition of my projects, while some for news items, guides or informative text.
I hope that this website will aim the spotlight toward my creations, and will soon guide other people to help them find the right path.
- 1 Ant Hive
- 1 Blood Pool (as a source of funds)
- 3 Eggs (the Ant Hive reproduces eggs)
- 2 Worker Ants (which are harvesters for resources)
- 1 Ant General
Release Date: October 7 2006
Total No. of Versions: 4
Available Versions: v1.75, v1.76, v1.77, v1.78
BFME EX is a Lord of the Rings map that I made. It consists of some major factions and races. There are different areas of gameplay to choose from. Players can become a part of the Hobbits' journey, or they might wage war with Gondor against the forces of Mordor.
I recommend you guys to play v1.78, because it offers a pack of customizations and alot of new features and improvements on graphics and terrain. This map is completed and doesn't need any new version.
Status: Paused Development
Release Date: September 13 2006
Total No. of Versions: 2
Available Versions: v3.31, v3.32
Life in a City is a simulation map designed to let players simulate almost every aspect of a person's life in a metropolis. You can purchase products, seek a job, help other people, and even commit crimes. This is my second map and it has the longest development time (approximately 1 yr. and a half) before C.W.P. But this map is just mainly composed of preset 3D models and whatever I could get my hands on in the data to make the map a reality.
Unfortunately, a guy with the username Farrownarr released a version of this map without asking for my permission. I don't know what it holds inside, but surely he did consider my map as his own.
Life in a City will resume development if I get a new computer set that's proficient enough to let me modify the map. This map is huge, and in a laptop it takes ice ages to load data and sometimes it makes the laptop freeze temporarily. Plus, LiaC will have a bunch or more than a lot of improvements and it will look more real, and textures will be improved to fully simulate real life.
Status: Dead(Stopped Development)
Release Date: June 13 2006
Total No. of Versions: 2
Available Versions: v0.5, v0.6
Castle Wars Professionals (C.W.P) is a combination of AoS (Aeon of Strife) and Strategy elements to make a new gameplay experience. This was the first map that I created, and due to lack of ideas, I based it on the map Castle Wars by ArmedCanadian, with permission from him to revise this map. The suffix Professionals means the proficiency of the characters in the map, having balanced, powerful skills. Here is a snapshot of the intro cinematic.
In this map, you can select a variety of characters to use in the game, and your workers can build various structures. You can also do various things in your base, like buying items, healing your units and much more. There are lots of items to choose from in the game, they are all designed to make characters powerful. Soldiers will also be spawned at each team's base and will attack any nearby foes. There are also a variety of game modes and game commands, and there are also scattered castles in the region where you can fortify and act as a defensive fort against invaders.
This map is dead, or stopped development, due to a loss of the unprotected version of my map in my uncle's computer. Without the unprotected version, I can't make multiple versions of this map. This will be replaced by a much better map bearing a unique gameplay concept. The title is yet unknown, but the estimated release for this unknown map is November or December 2008 or January 2009, any month or day after Project 08-08-08.
Rest In Peace CWP!!
- Castle Wars Professionals
- Life in a City
- Battle for Middle Earth EX
- Ant Attack
- Demolition X
- Scourge and Wars
- Tropical Assault
- None yet...
Maps and Projects I'm currently working on
- Not much maps I'll be working on at this point of the year. This time I'm focusing on just improving Tropical Assault, quality is more important than quantity. Before the end of August and v1.5's release for Tropical Assault, I will resume development for Wolfgang CTF.
- The Sands of Time (TSoT)
- The Battle Plains
This is the official archive for all of my released maps and projects. These maps had a very long development time because of concentration at school, which was important. Some maps were based from other people's map layout, with permission from the author. Those were the days when I started designing maps.
This year I'm endeavouring to make a dozen Warcraft III maps that will have to be great and high-quality since I know the fact that Starcraft II will overshadow Warcraft III with it's graphics and it's map editor.
All of my maps will be compiled here. The latest map has a Bold font and is at the bottom of the list. Keep in mind that some of my maps and projects are still on beta development or they have stopped development.
I also care about putting my maps and projects I'm currently making in this list, so that you can get a peek of what's going on and what I'll do in the future.
If you want to download a map, please click on one of the maps and them find the version you want in the Available Versions area of each map. I recommend you guys to download the latest version of that map to maximize the fun!
I found an interesting mod at ModDB website. I'm interested in this mod and it's demo was released last December 2007. This is Project Revolution. It started 4 years ago and they developed it at a normal pace. I first known about this mod since 2006, when I was searching through pages on the web.
PR is a total conversion of Warcraft III into Starcraft:Broodwar, and it mimics every aspect of Starcraft.
For fellow Korean gamers, this is quite a boon if it's widely played around their country. Now it's 3D, so they'll like the game even more.
To play this game you need to have Starcraft, Starcraft: Brood War, Warcraft III and Warcraft III Frozen Throne installed on your computer.
Here's an in-game video from YouTube (Terran Demo)